Whatta fabu-lous-soooo summer we had!!! Hence the absence of blogging! We went and did a ton of stuff, we enjoyed nature, we enjoyed friends and family, we stayed up late and woke up later. This summer meant a lot to me, and I think to my kiddos. Now we are back to reality of life. And school! The kids are ALL doing good, which has been a big relief to me. They have wonderful teachers, and friends. SO life is good at the moment! :)

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March 2, 2007

On my anniversary of my accident my friend Tony posted this on my wall, I can relate to it so much...so I thought I would share it with you. Maybe it will bring you some peace and comfort on your own journey!


Once upon a time there was this man who lived in a cabin in the woods. Next to his home was a big boulder. One day the Lord came to the man and said to him “I want you to push this rock everyday... Read More”. The man loved God very much and his desire was to obey him.

So everyday the man went outside and leaned his shoulder against the boulder and pushed against it. Although he did it everyday the boulder didn't move even a centimeter.

One day Satan came to the man and said to him “Man, why do you push this rock every single day…it isn't even moving. Aren't you wasting time and energy doing this?”

This instilled in the man’s heart doubt and he began to question God. God came to him and the man asked him why he needed to push the rock when it wasn't even doing anything.

God said to him “Did I ever once say to move the rock?”
“No…” the man replied.
“Has pushing the rock made you stronger?” God asked.
“Well, yes it has.” said the man.
“That is why I asked you to push the rock, because it has made you stronger, now let me move the rock…that’s my job.”

I heard this story in a testimony on Sunday, and I had heard it before. I love this story and it helped remind me that our heavenly father has a plan for all of us. We might not know what his plan is, but we can have faith that it is Glorious.

3 comments:

Jenni S said...

I love this story. I haven't heard it in a long time. Thanks for posting it.

Sarah said...

Cindy you are so amazing and strong! I can't even begin to imagine what you are dealing with, and yet you do such a good job with everything! In relief society on Sunday I gave the lesson on Joseph B. Wirthlins talk called Come What May and Love It!! That is my new favorite saying! That is exactly what you do and I look up to you for your strength! If you want to read it, it is in the Ensign from General Conference last fall-November issue. It is a great talk! Love ya!

steph said...

I can't believe it has been a year since your accident, so much has happened. I think this little story is a great reminder for each of us. Sometimes we need that. Remember that I love you and appreciate you.

Enjoy our 5k Pics!